User Name


Yes, remember my login information.

Or Register for a new account!

<<< Back to the Home page / Main Categories
legal stuff

Our music is pre-cleared for all media, worldwide in perpetuity and is available to license via PRS for Music,
either under a broadcaster blanket-IPC agreement or via the
PRS Production Music Rate Card 

Feel free to browse the site and preview any tracks before you decide,
Foreign (Non-UK) licensing can also be quickly arranged:
contact us
If you are new to all of this, in a hurry and find all of the stuff below a long and complicated story, just email us and we will hold your hand all the way!

You can browse and preview files without logging-in, but you will need to
Register and log-in before you can download

Creating a Playlist and downloading:

First, browse the site adding any tracks that might work, to a playlist - via the Add to playlist icon/link that you will see to the right of the track info.
From your playlist(s) you can then download and drop any of the tracks into your project.

Licensing your track:

When you have decided what tracks you will use, remove any tracks that you won't be using from the playlist then choose the licensing system below that fits:

UK/Eire based broadcasters and IPC's (Independent Production Companies):

Who needs this licence:
Independent Production Companies (IPCs) that make TV programmes for UK broadcasters, including Channel 4 and Channel 5.

What this licence covers:
The copying of members' music into TV programmes for broadcast in the UK.
If you have not already obtained an IPC license, you can find out how it works from here: MCPS-PRS IPC license

Cue Sheets:

if you are not aware of how cue sheets work, you can view or download a quick cue sheet guide from here: PRS-Quick cue sheet guide

You can also download all the relevant cue sheet guidance notes and forms from here: PRS CUE SHEETS-guidance and forms

For a foreign based (non UK) IPC or Broadcaster:

If you are a non-UK or Eire based IPC or broadcaster, you will need to either license via the License Manager , license via a local affiliated PRO, or contact us to negotiate a Direct License.
*You can still go ahead and download, and then report the usage via your membership of a PRS-affiliated collection society in your country, as long as it is affiliated with the PRS, such as ASCAP, BMI, SACEM, GEMA, APRA-AMCOS, and many others.
You can see a list of over 100 affiliated societies worldwide, from here:

For the following categories, you will need to license via the PRS License Manager:

*Once you have logged-in and created a playlist, you will see a link to the PRS-MCPS License manager at the bottom of your playlist:

Rates cover feature length and short film for all media. Special rates for student film festivals included.

CD, DVD, Games & Apps:
Audio only and audio visual productions including console games and apps for retail sale

Online Productions:
Non corporate online streamed or downloadable usage

Film Trailers, Feature Film Trailers, Adverts, Branded Content and Corporate:
Includes rates for Advertising (TV, Radio, Online and others), Brand films (including product demos)

Using the License Manager:

To pay the licensing fee for your tracks, click on the MCPS icon at the bottom of the playlist and you will be taken directly to the MCPS Licence Manager checkout (You will need to be registerd and log-in)
You will then see the quotes for the track(s) you have chosen to use and if you are okay with it, submit for payment.
*if you encounter any problems, please contact us

Web pages / Internet Streaming:

For web pages hosted in the UK, there are various types of licenses for internet broadcast available from the PRS (Performing Rights Society), depending on how you are going to use the music on your site.
We reccomend that you have a look at their guidance notes from here: PRS-MCPS guidance notes
If in doubt, or have any questions, then you should contact them directly.

Film productions, Web pages etc. based in the USA:

You can see how it works from here:
ASCAP https://www.ascap.com/music-users

Or from the BMI here: https://www.bmi.com/licensing
If in doubt, or have any questions, then you should contact them directly.

For other countries: 

You should contact the national PRO (Royalty collection society) of your country.

You can see a list of most of the world's PROs from here:

List of PROs (royaltycollection societies) worldwide

If you still have any further queries, please contact us or the MCPS PRS directly.

Some usefull links:

What is production music and how does it work:

For UK based broadcasters and IPCs (Independent Production Companies):

Link to apply for a license:

Production music rate card PDF:

For online productions:

If you would like to see even more detail including common legal terms and definitions, you can see them here:

More legal detail
FAQs, and general explanations of how music licensing works

<<<<<Back to the home page

Privacy Policy